Nowadays, there are so many different kinds of rice in every store that you unintentionally start pondering whether there is any difference among rice varieties and which variety suits this or that dish better. We offer you to try the recipe of Thai-style chicken and vegetable rice using jasmine variety because Thailand is its home country.
Of course, we do not mean that this rice variety is suitable exclusively for Asian dishes because of its origin. This variety is also good as a side dish for meat, fish, and vegetables prepared in accordance with your habitual recipes. The only thing you have to know about it is how to cook it the right way.
This variety needs much less water than conventional rice. In Thailand, it is traditionally steamed, but even if you do not have a steam cooker in your kitchen, do not worry. Using jasmine rice supplied in portion cooking bags manufactured by August TM, you will not have to think about water and rice ratio. The rice will not fall apart when overcooked and it will not stick to a saucepan. What is important is to cook it on low heat with the lid closed.
- For a single serving, take 1 portion cooking bag of jasmine rice.
- IMPORTANT! Pour it over with cold water only!
- Put the saucepan on the fire and close it tightly with the lid. After the water starts boiling, set the fire at the lowest and cook the rice for another 15 minutes with the lid closed tightly.
- When turned off, take the bag out of the water, open it along the tear line and pour the prepared rice on the plate.
- Add salt, pepper, and butter to taste and mix gently. Your porridge is ready.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for Thai-style chicken jasmine rice
To enjoy the delicate flavor peculiar to jasmine rice, we suggest cooking it Thai-style with chicken.
You will need the following ingredients (based on 4 servings):
- 2 August TM portion cooking bag jasmine rice
- 300 g chicken fillet,
- 1 bell pepper,
- 1 tablespoon ginger root (grated),
- 1 chili pepper,
- 1 clove garlic,
- 100 g sesame,
- 4 tablespoons olive or sesame oil,
- 100 ml soy sauce,
- 1 tablespoon curry,
- 20 g scallions,
- Salt to taste.
Thai-style Jasmine rice:
- Put a bag of rice in cold water, tightly close the lid, and put the saucepan on a slow fire to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the rice is being cooked, prepare chicken with vegetables. Cut chicken fillet into cubes, heat olive or sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the cubes in it. Fry them for about 10 minutes until the fillet turns white.
- In a separate frying pan, fry grated ginger, chili pepper, and garlic in hot olive oil. Put sesame there as well.
- Cut bell pepper in cubes and add it to spices. Fry it with spices for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the prepared mixture of spices and pepper into the frying pan with the chicken, add salt, soy sauce, and curry, and simmer all together for another 10 minutes.
- Add the ready jasmine rice to the chicken with vegetables and spices, gently mix everything with a spatula, turn off the fire and let the dish sit under the lid for another 5 minutes.
- Right before serving the dish, chop the scallions finely and sprinkle the prepared rice with it.
The total cooking time is 20 minutes.
Thai food is traditionally very spicy. But you can decide for yourself how spicy your dish will be. For example, add less chili pepper or do not add it at all. You can add less ginger as well. Try it, experiment with your dish, and enjoy your meal!